Al Manara Preschool is seeking a qualified Preschool Assistant Teacher to be responsible for the care and assistance for an assigned group of children as part of a teaching team. The preschool assistant teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. Any interested candidate can contact Sr. Mona Dakrouri.
The Assistant Teacher works with and under the direction of the principal. This position may be assigned to one or more specific classrooms and may be reassigned at any time. Al Manara looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes Al Manara such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- Ensures the safety and supervision of the children at all times, must be able to maintain visual and auditory supervision both indoors and outside.
- Responsible for the upkeep of an organized, nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Maintains the overall classroom environment including restocking supplies, keeping an orderly environment, following sanitation guidelines and licensing requirements. • Assists in record keeping for each child, documents illness/injury, milestones and skills acquired, learning, behavioral, or developmental concerns.
- Supports parents by maintaining open communication. • Performs other duties as assigned. Preferences
- Excellent communication skills in teaching children, documenting progress, and discussing child behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Child Development, or related field.
- Early childhood education credentials
- Experience with children of the age 3-5 in a day care centers a Montessori Teacher.
- Pediatric CPR and pediatric first aid certified equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Additional information: To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.