The Apex Mosque is looking to hire for the following positions:
The Apex Mosque is seeking a motivated individual to serve in the role of security guard. The position is on a part-time basis and pay rate will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. The work schedule will include a 3-day schedule to start: Fridays and Saturdays from Maghreb to Isha, Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm (approximately 10 hrs/week). Additional hours and responsibilities may be added over time based on the candidate’s performance.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Minimum age of 21 years of age
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- High school diploma, ability to read, write and speak English
- Be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Be willing to take safety classes
- Be able to think quickly and critically
- Be mindful of customer and public service
- Have knowledge of public safety and security
- Perform security patrols of designated areas
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Unlock and lock front entrance door for community members and watch for unauthorized intruders
If interested, please send completed resumes to Br. M Salah Mekni at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Apex Mosque is seeking a motivated individual to serve in the role of secretary. The position is on a part-time basis and pay rate will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. The work schedule is flexible, can be done remotely, and will likely include approximately 5 hours/week. The candidate should have their own computer if working remotely. Additional hours and responsibilities may be added over time based on the candidate’s performance. Responsibilities include:
- Keep the Mosque registered as a non-profit religious organization in the state of
North Carolina with all necessary paperwork to keep it authenticated.
- Prepare, circulate, and maintain the minutes of the board and departments.
- Prepare the agenda for BOD meetings in consultation with the President.
- Store Apex Mosque’s files and documents.
- Maintain the list and contacts of the board, departments’ members, and volunteers for various
functions of the Mosque.
- Present the minutes of the previous meeting for approval at the beginning of every BOD meeting.
- Prepare and submit mosque announcements on Fridays and other days in
consultation with the President.
- Handle Apex Mosque’s correspondence work
- Establish and maintain the Mosque’s web site, social media, emails list and respond to voicemails
- Responsible for announcement, newsletter, publishing reports, and inviting the Media when needed, in consultation with the president and BOD.
The candidate’s skill set should align with the responsibilities of the position. If interested, please send completed resumes to Br. Asif Ansari at email@example.com.