The Apex Mosque is looking to hire for the following positions:
The Apex Mosque is seeking a motivated individual to serve in the role of security guard. The position is on a part-time basis and pay rate will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. The work schedule will include a 3-day schedule to start: Fridays and Saturdays from Maghreb to Isha, Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm (approximately 10 hrs/week). Additional hours and responsibilities may be added over time based on the candidate’s performance.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Minimum age of 21 years of age
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- High school diploma, ability to read, write and speak English
- Be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Be willing to take safety classes
- Be able to think quickly and critically
- Be mindful of customer and public service
- Have knowledge of public safety and security
- Perform security patrols of designated areas
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Unlock and lock front entrance door for community members and watch for unauthorized intruders
If interested, please send completed resumes to Br. M Salah Mekni at email@example.com
The Apex Mosque is seeking a motivated individual to serve in the role of secretary. The position is on a part-time basis and pay rate will be based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. The work schedule is flexible, can be done remotely, and will likely include approximately 5 hours/week. The candidate should have their own computer if working remotely. Additional hours and responsibilities may be added over time based on the candidate’s performance. Responsibilities include:
- Keep the Mosque registered as a non-profit religious organization in the state of
North Carolina with all necessary paperwork to keep it authenticated.
- Prepare, circulate, and maintain the minutes of the board and departments.
- Prepare the agenda for BOD meetings in consultation with the President.
- Store Apex Mosque’s files and documents.
- Maintain the list and contacts of the board, departments’ members, and volunteers for various
functions of the Mosque.
- Present the minutes of the previous meeting for approval at the beginning of every BOD meeting.
- Prepare and submit mosque announcements on Fridays and other days in
consultation with the President.
- Handle Apex Mosque’s correspondence work
- Establish and maintain the Mosque’s web site, social media, emails list and respond to voicemails
- Responsible for announcement, newsletter, publishing reports, and inviting the Media when needed, in consultation with the president and BOD.
The candidate’s skill set should align with the responsibilities of the position. If interested, please send completed resumes to Br. Asif Ansari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To offset its carbon footprint and move towards a more environmentally friendly facility, the Apex Mosque is pleased and excited to announce its intention to install a solar power system in collaboration with 8MSolar and Duke Energy Progress. Once installed, this system will provide the capacity for the masjid to generate its own electric power thereby nearly eliminating its need to purchase electricity. If any community member would like to be a part of this excellent project, online donations can be made here. Please select “Solar Energy Project” in the category drop-down menu.
Update (26-Jul): Because of the rebates provide by Duke Energy, all systems and installations must be approved by the Duke Energy team and thus obtaining their approval has taken significantly longer than expected. After numerous follow-ups with Duke and some system modifications, the final documents have been provided to Duke Energy and approval is expected shortly. Permitting through the town of Apex will be completed in early August and installation of the solar panels is expected in mid-August. A go-live date of early September is anticipated.
Update (27-May): An updated timeline was provide by 8MSolar. Ongoing review and approval with Duke Energy is still in progress and is expected for completion into mid-June. Installation is scheduled for July with a go-live energize date of end-August.
Update (30-Apr): The initial review application with Duke Energy Progress has been completed, and the application is now in engineering review which will last an additional 4 – 6 weeks with Duke Energy Progress. At this point, Duke Energy is running behind on the applications and the whole process can take some time between 6 – 8 weeks in total. Once approval is obtained from Duke Energy, local electric and building permits with the Town of Apex will be filed which normally take 2 – 3 weeks for approval. Once the permit is approved, inventory will be ordered and the install will be scheduled (end-June tentatively).
The Apex Mosque would like to thank the community for its continued support on this project.
For more information, visit the Al Ihssan Sunday School website.
Apex Mosque will be holding an Eid Festival on Saturday, 17-August 2019 from 4pm to 8pm at the Apex Mosque. The event includes:
- Bounce houses for kids
- Water slides
- Face painting and henna
- Shopping bazaar
- Halal food vendor
What types of activities will be available for kids? Insha’Allah arrangements have been made for all ages to enjoy, including teenagers! Please prepare your kids to the water slides by bring bathing clothes, towels, and change of clothes for the end of the day.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? The Masjid parking lot will be available for parking. Additional parking is available as needed. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Carpooling as parking may become limited.
What time will festival begin? Onsite registration starts at 4:00 pm and kids activities will begin Insha’Allah at 5:00pm. We anticipate long line and traffic to the masjid, so we highly recommend that you plan to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the start of the event so you have ample time to park, register and walk over.
Will there be HALAL food available? Yes. Insha’Allah vendors will be present to serve our guests. We have made arrangements for HALAL food to be available for purchase. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
Will be any change for prayers time? Salat Al-Asr and Salat Al-Maghrib will be on time at the musalah.
How can I contact the organizers with any questions? For bazaar booth/food vendor reservations or any further questions please contact Br. Driss Idmhand at (973) 302-3925 or email us at: email@example.com