A local girl scout troop is collecting items for needy girls. Please see the list below and drop them off at the Apex Mosque between now and 20-Oct.flyer 2
Al Manara Preschool is seeking a qualified Preschool Assistant Teacher to be responsible for the care and assistance for an assigned group of children as part of a teaching team. The preschool assistant teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. Any interested candidate can contact Sr. Mona Dakrouri.
The Assistant Teacher works with and under the direction of the principal. This position may be assigned to one or more specific classrooms and may be reassigned at any time. Al Manara looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes Al Manara such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
- Ensures the safety and supervision of the children at all times, must be able to maintain visual and auditory supervision both indoors and outside.
- Responsible for the upkeep of an organized, nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Maintains the overall classroom environment including restocking supplies, keeping an orderly environment, following sanitation guidelines and licensing requirements. • Assists in record keeping for each child, documents illness/injury, milestones and skills acquired, learning, behavioral, or developmental concerns.
- Supports parents by maintaining open communication. • Performs other duties as assigned. Preferences
- Excellent communication skills in teaching children, documenting progress, and discussing child behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Child Development, or related field.
- Early childhood education credentials
- Experience with children of the age 3-5 in a day care centers a Montessori Teacher.
- Pediatric CPR and pediatric first aid certified equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- Additional information: To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Any community member wanting to work with local agencies to help refugees settling in the RTP area are encouraged to contact Br Nasser Shahin (919-805- 1204). Families are coming to the US throughout the year and a number of household items and additional support are needed to support these families.
In collaboration with Triangle Muslim Aid and local masajid, emergency relief supplies are being collected at Apex Mosque for Hurricane Florence victims. Only the following items will be collected, please drop them in the lobby in the masjid from now until end of the day Friday, 28-September.
feminine hygiene products
Because of Hurricane Florence, the Apex Mosque will remain open only for daily prayers. All other activities are cancelled and the mosque will be closed otherwise. Normal operating hours and activities are scheduled to resume Monday, 17-September.
Please visit the masjid website for additional updates throughout the weekend.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Apex Mosque by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The September community dinner will be held on Saturday, 15-September starting at 7:30PM. Please join us, invite your friends, and bring a dish of your choice to share with your community.