The August community dinner will be held on Saturday, 24-August starting at 8:00PM. Please join us, invite your friends, and bring a dish of your choice to share with your community.
Al Manara Preschool is seeking a full-time preschool teacher assistant for the 2019-2020 school-year. The mission of Al Manara Preschool is to offer an enriched educational environment with academic excellence in a nurturing Islamic environment.
The ideal candidate will possess thorough knowledge of early childhood education and will have demonstrated success in teaching or assisting children ages 3 to 5. We are looking for a professional teacher who will collaborate with the faculty to implement dynamic instruction. The candidate should possess the skills and passion necessary to inspire learning and enhance the overall educational experience by fostering social and emotional learning in accordance with our mission, philosophy, and core values.
Any interested candidate can contact Ms. Mona Dakrouri.
- Early childhood education credentials
- Familiarity with age appropriate curriculum standards
- Experience in working with Preschool age students
- Good command of English and Arabic
- CPR/1st Aid is highly recommended
The Preschool Teacher Assistant will be responsible for supporting the program mainly in the following areas:
- Assisting the teacher in preparing children for kindergarten by introducing concepts they will explore further in kindergarten and elementary school education
- Supporting a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills
- Helping in organizing activities so children can learn about the world, explore interests, and develop talents
- Follow daily schedules and routines to help ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of teachers or director
- Ensuring the safety of the children at all times, and be able to maintain visual and auditory supervision both indoors and outside.
- Upkeeping an organized, nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
- Maintaining the overall classroom environment including restocking supplies, keeping an orderly environment, following sanitation guidelines and licensing requirements.
- Assisting in record keeping for each child; documenting illness/injury, milestones and skills acquired, as well as learning, behavioral, or developmental concerns.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
To offset its carbon footprint and move towards a more environmentally friendly facility, the Apex Mosque is pleased and excited to announce its intention to install a solar power system in collaboration with 8MSolar and Duke Energy Progress. Once installed, this system will provide the capacity for the masjid to generate its own electric power thereby nearly eliminating its need to purchase electricity. If any community member would like to be a part of this excellent project, online donations can be made here. Please select “Solar Energy Project” in the category drop-down menu.
Update (26-Jul): Because of the rebates provide by Duke Energy, all systems and installations must be approved by the Duke Energy team and thus obtaining their approval has taken significantly longer than expected. After numerous follow-ups with Duke and some system modifications, the final documents have been provided to Duke Energy and approval is expected shortly. Permitting through the town of Apex will be completed in early August and installation of the solar panels is expected in mid-August. A go-live date of early September is anticipated.
Update (27-May): An updated timeline was provide by 8MSolar. Ongoing review and approval with Duke Energy is still in progress and is expected for completion into mid-June. Installation is scheduled for July with a go-live energize date of end-August.
Update (30-Apr): The initial review application with Duke Energy Progress has been completed, and the application is now in engineering review which will last an additional 4 – 6 weeks with Duke Energy Progress. At this point, Duke Energy is running behind on the applications and the whole process can take some time between 6 – 8 weeks in total. Once approval is obtained from Duke Energy, local electric and building permits with the Town of Apex will be filed which normally take 2 – 3 weeks for approval. Once the permit is approved, inventory will be ordered and the install will be scheduled (end-June tentatively).
The Apex Mosque would like to thank the community for its continued support on this project.
For more information, visit the Al Ihssan Sunday School website.
Apex Mosque will be holding an Eid Festival on Saturday, 17-August 2019 from 4pm to 8pm at the Apex Mosque. The event includes:
- Bounce houses for kids
- Water slides
- Face painting and henna
- Shopping bazaar
- Halal food vendor
What types of activities will be available for kids? Insha’Allah arrangements have been made for all ages to enjoy, including teenagers! Please prepare your kids to the water slides by bring bathing clothes, towels, and change of clothes for the end of the day.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? The Masjid parking lot will be available for parking. Additional parking is available as needed. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Carpooling as parking may become limited.
What time will festival begin? Onsite registration starts at 4:00 pm and kids activities will begin Insha’Allah at 5:00pm. We anticipate long line and traffic to the masjid, so we highly recommend that you plan to arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the start of the event so you have ample time to park, register and walk over.
Will there be HALAL food available? Yes. Insha’Allah vendors will be present to serve our guests. We have made arrangements for HALAL food to be available for purchase. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
Will be any change for prayers time? Salat Al-Asr and Salat Al-Maghrib will be on time at the musalah.
How can I contact the organizers with any questions? For bazaar booth/food vendor reservations or any further questions please contact Br. Driss Idmhand at (973) 302-3925 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org