Eid-al-Adha salaat will be held on Tuesday 21-August at the Apex Mosque Multipurpose Hall, and will be held in two shifts, at 7:30AM and 9:30AM sharp. Members are requested to arrive early and to bring their own prayer rugs. Apex Mosque security staff and Apex Police Department officers will be on hand to direct parking; please follow their directions closely and carpool if possible. As many community members are expected to attend, your patience is greatly appreciated. Eid Mubarak!
A new Apex Mosque Board of Directors (2018 through 2021) has been elected by the Apex Mosque Shura Council on June 30th, 2018 in accordance with Apex Mosque Bylaws. The new BOD consists of the followings:
- President and Chair of Education Department: Mohammed Assisou
- Vice President and Chair of Outreach Department: Asif Ansari
- Treasurer: Rachid Omous
- Chair of Facility Department: Nabeg Barakat
- Chair of Childhood and Family Department: Meryem Chehdaoui
- Chair of Security and Legal Affairs: Mohamed Mekni
- Chair of Da’wa Department: Abdellah Mansouri
- Chair of Social Affairs: Tarik Bellarhrib
- Chair of Sports and Recreation Department: Driss Idmhand
May Allah SWT reward the brothers and sisters who served the mosque in the previous term and give strength to the new members and the ones that have been re-elected.
After significant discussions including with community members and external consultants, the Apex Mosque Board of Directors is pleased to present its strategic plan. The strategic plan includes the following:
Strategic Plan Goals
- Improve spiritual, educational, and social services to Apex Mosque growing community.
- Develop the facility to accommodate Apex Mosque growing programs and activities. View the facility master plan.
- Improve Apex Mosque financial status to pay off the facility and focus more on programs and human development.
Tarbiya and Spirituality
- Increase spiritual activities and retreats for brothers and sisters.
- Hire a hafiz to focus on teaching Quran for children and adults, and to replace the Imam during his absence.
- Hire an expert in education to assess and improve our part time education programs.
- Obtain license for a full time day-care program (Al-Manara).
- Prepare for an elementary full time school – after improving current part time programs.
- Engage young adults in the masjid activities and empower them with effective spiritual programs and leadership trainings.
- Hire a part time youth leader to focus on driving the youth towards the above endeavors.
Social Support and Family Development
- Assist the needy based on Apex Mosque financial capacity.
- Provide trainings and workshops to parents on how to raise children.
Outreach and Civic Engagement
- Strengthen relationship with neighbors and churches.
- Encourage Apex Mosque community to engage in society and contribute to its betterment: blood drive, Habitat, elections, etc.
Safety and Security
- Continue improving the safety and security system.
- Search for new strategies to increase Apex Mosque financial status.
- Initiate a campaign to pay off the facility mortgage.
Community members and visitors are reminded to park only in designated parking spots. Please do not park in the gas station area, in front of the dumpster, and do not leave cars in the parking lot for extended periods of time. Please also avoid parking in the spot marked “reserved.” Failure to obey these rules may result in cars being towed at the owner’s expense.
Any community member wanting to work with local agencies to help refugees settling in the RTP area are encouraged to contact Br Nasser Shahin (919-805- 1204). Families are coming to the US throughout the year and a number of household items and additional support are needed to support these families.
In alignment with the Fiqh Council of North America, the last day of Ramadan will be on Thursday, 14-June and therefore Eid-al-Fitr will be celebrated on Friday 15-June at the Apex Mosque Multipurpose Hall. Prayers will be held in two shifts, at 8:30AM and 10:30AM. Members are requested to bring their own prayer rugs, to carpool where possible, to arrive early given the large crowd expected, and to clearly follow the direction of the Apex Police Department officers and Apex Mosque security team for parking instructions upon arrival at the masjid.
Accordingly, only one shift of jumua will take place on Friday, 15-June, at 1:15PM.